Friday, November 5, 2010

Trypanophobia

My heart is not at ease, tonight. I have no idea why. Perhaps I've been thinking about the same issue over again. What am I to them? A mere toy, instead of a friend? I'm haunted by the pasts, so I'm a bit pessimistic with the new friendships that I'm trying to build. Struggle not to mind over these things, yet I can't help it. In my heart, I pray a hopeful hymn.. "I will lie down in peace and sleep, for you alone, O LORD, will keep me safe." (Psalm 4:8)

Let's continue sharing about the childhood rhapsody, shall we?



I was a sinistral when I was young. I mean, younger. However, Auntie disliked the manner. As if I chose to be that way, anyway. So, she trained me to use the right hand, instead. It worked. Personally, I still prefer to use the other hand. I think it's just inside me.

Oh yes, earlier today I went out with some friends. Two of the them went to a blood donation campaign. They did invite me to join, but I resisted to! Although an angelic side of me insisted me to donate, I don't think I can handle it - psychologically! I'm a bit traumatic with needles. I would faint looking at that big and evil needle, alone. Somehow, I ponder to myself, "If only there's any other way that I could use to donate blood. Sigh."

This trypanophobia inclination is not new to me. During my school day, when I was 7 specifically, I ran off from school when it's my turn to have a medicinal injection. I was lucky to have Mom's shop next to the school. However, she consoled me to get back to school. In return, she would cook my favourite eggs delicacies. I didn't go back straightaway, though. I delayed till I was sure that the doctor had left.

I was literally tiptoed to enter the school, only to be caught by the nurses and headmaster! I brawled to release myself. I even punched him right on his stomach (thanks to Power Rangers for their influence!)

It wasn't the last, though. It's unfortunate that I had to be injected again for the second time when I was in Form 3 (about 15). I played cool but as I told you, I couldn't take the psychological effect. My face turned pale, and I had a cold sweat! It was that apparent that some of my friends giggled at me.

*Trypanophobia (Needle phobia) is a defined* medical condition that affects more than 10 percent of the population to an extent that it causes them to avoid needed medical care. http://www.needlephobia.com/

2 comments:

anonymous said...

I thought I saw Tyraphobia (Tyra Banks Phobia) instead of trypanophobia just now. LOL.

nice sharing on your childhood rhapsody. Well, everyone is scared of needles! ^^

Bobby D. said...

hahaha. i can faint off because of it ~